Hey folks, lotsa news today – and after all the excitement of the recent screening event at Cineworld, don’t forget to buy your tickets for the October screening night, now on sale at CCA box office – details on flyersattached and at CCA Box Office.
1) ‘GETTING OLD – WHAT’S AW THAT ABOUT?’ 4 short films produced by WCA Members, Hymn to Freedom by Steven Diamond, Oliver by Marc Bueidel, Extract from Mrs Lees by Linda Campbell, Reflections by Katie White. PLUS Q & Afterwards for audience with cast and crew and networking afterwards. TICKETS now available from CCA at £3 and £5, 50p booking fee applies. BRING FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES and FAMILY, to support, question, cry, laugh, and have fun! We are very proud to have had this event included in the Luminate festival; Scotlands first ever festival in support of creative ageing. Coming to you soon!
2) PRODUCTION & PRINCIPAL CREW CALL
We are delighted to announce script development on the 2012 WCA! winning script ‘Sewing Solutions’ is complete, and we are putting out a final call for applicants interested in Production, Directing or principal crew roles in the project, prior to our Cast Call. Register interest by end September to this email. Please note there is NO budget for this project, but a lot of in-kind support, excellent contacts and showreel footage plus the film WILL be screened at next years Screening event in Cineworld. In-kind support includes collaboration with our MOD’s as per website who work with us on FACILITATED PROJECTS with DIRECT WCA! involvement.
5) WCA! VOLUNTEERS REQ’D – WCA! is looking for the following volunteer roles within the organisation: Admin support, Book-keeping, Assistant Coordinator, Events Coordinator/Planner, Workshop Assistant(S), Production Assistant for our facilitated Productions, and Funding Assistant – These roles require your skills and a small time commitment on a monthly basis, PLUS are a fantastic opportunity for anyone wishing to support indie filmmaking while enhancing their own skills, C.V.s, work experience & contacts! Register interest by end September to this email. All roles are for an immediate start, with work divided between home and WCA workspace, and require attendance at one monthly meeting.
4. CAST CALL for short film COLLABORATION- Following last years successful short film collaboration with East Renfrewshires Camcorder Club and actors cast from WCA! a second project is underway and Cast req’d from WCA! for “The One Minute Verdict” set in a courtroom. Last years collaboration “Divorce Is So Final” gained three stars in the BIAFF competition with the judges particularly noting the quality of the acting (from WCA participants)They also have a publicity article in the “Extra” (local weekly newspaper) in which they extol the co-operation between themselves, Eastwood Writers and WriteCameraAction in producing “Divorce Is So Final”
“East Renfrewshire Camcorder Club is looking for actors (male or female) for their latest film project “The One Minute Verdict” set in a courtroom. We require a Defendant, a Defence QC, a Prosecution QC, a Clerk of the Court and a Jury Foreman/woman. We are a small amateur club (who win awards – LC!) and can offer reasonable travelling expenses, tea, coffee, sandwiches and an enjoyable day’s filming. We plan to shoot on either a Saturday or Sunday in October.
If interested, please contact David Atkins at [email protected] or on 07896862612.”
5) XMAS PART SUB COMMITTEE – Volunteers for immediate start to organise and co-ordinate WCA! Xmas party. whooooooooooo whooooooooooo!!! CONTACT us via this email – merci buckets 😉 WriteCameraAction!
CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPLOAD OF RECENT PHOTOS FROMT HE EVENT NIGHTS AND HOT NEWS, VIDEO LINKS ETC
Thanks WCA Team!
WCA! is a voluntary run, not-for-profit organisation in support of the creative community and independent filmmaking.