You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Knowledge Transfer Partnership’ tag.
I have posted earlier about the filming of our Innovation & Research Office Video
Yesterday the UWS production crew spent the day in the delightful company of inventor and entrepreneur Giovanni Benedetti at his factory in Wishaw. Gio told the story of how he and his team had developed the idea of a practical aid to prevent the dangers of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) on long air journeys.
His “Actiflo” system has just been approved by the North American authorities as a direct result of the testing which UWS was able to carry out on the effiiciency of the product. “Without the work of UWS, the US authorities would never have allowed us to sell in the States and Canada. It is going to make a huge difference to our sales.”
The team then headed out to our Hamilton Campus where we filmed the work of Dr Fergal Grace a Senior Lecturer in the UWS Excercise Science group at our Hamilton Campus . Fergal was able to explain the process whereby UWS is able to carry out clinical scientific trials for local businesses in order to enhance their products and develop their marketability. These business to university relationships can all be set up through the Innovation and Research Office. For more information on how they can help local businesses and SME’s please click HERE. You can also phone IRO at 0141 848 3400
Look out for the UWS “Open For Business” video when it is launched in the Autumn.
- Provide students with relevant work experience (eg through the UWS Production Company)
- Provide Continuous Professional Development for individuals and businesses in the Creative & Cultural Industries.
- Produce talented, experienced and industry ready graduates.
- Work seamlessly with industry in the areas of research and knowledge exchange (eg Knowledge Transfer Partnerships)
- Filming eg for the web, awards ceremony presentations, promotional work, training videos through the UWS Production Company
- Training/implementation of social media to promote your business
- Developing a media marketing plan
- Writing for the web / web translations
- Presentation Skills
- Short tailored courses